- Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI)
- The Omani Center for Investment Promotion and Export Development (OCIPED)
- Oman Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Oman Customs, Royal Omani Police
- US Commercial Service
- US Embassy in Muscat
- US Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- US Department of Commerce
- Business.gov (The official business link to the US Government)
- US International Trade Commission (ITC)
- National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA)
Sector Specific Resources
100% of bilateral trade in industrial and consumer products will become duty-free immediately upon entry into force of the Agreement. In addition, Oman and the United States will provide each other immediate duty-free access on virtually all products in their tariff schedules and will phase out tariffs on the remaining handful of products within ten years.
The agreement covers all agricultural products. Oman will provide immediate duty-free access for current U.S. agricultural exports in 87% of agricultural tariff lines. The United States will provide immediate duty-free access for 100% of Oman's current exports of agricultural products in the United States. Both Oman and the United States will phase out tariffs on the remaining products in ten years.
The FTA provides fully reciprocal market access for U.S. textile and apparel products. The United States and Oman will eliminate tariffs on the same schedule on a product-by-product basis. For the majority of products, tariffs will be eliminated either immediately or in five years. The Agreement requires textile and apparel products to contain either U.S. or Omani yarn and fabric in order to qualify for duty-free treatment. However, in order to allow U.S. and Omani producers to develop and expand business contacts, the Agreement also provides, on a temporary basis, duty-free treatment for limited quantities of textile and apparel products that do not meet this requirement.